Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Chicken Coop Progress #1

We've made some progress on the chicken coop construction, however there's so much more to do.  If you missed my first post about the coop, you can check it out {here}.

Once the playset was disassembled, we set to work installing posts in the ground and building the base frame from 2 x 6 lumber.

It's level and square and all set for the plywood

After a few more days, we had a little more time to work on it.  Plywood was painted on both sides with exterior paint and screwed into place.

Plywood painted and attached

After the painted plywood was completely dry, we rolled out linoleum.  This will make it easier to clean the floor once the chickens have moved in.

Linoleum was nailed down with roofing nails

And....that's where we're at right now.  It's all covered with a tarp to keep it dry in the rain we've had lately.  The greenhouse has been emptied and is ready to have its plastic walls and roof removed so that we can move the frame over.  Hopefully the dry days forecast for the end of this week will allow us to accomplish more.

No comments:

Post a Comment