Thursday, October 16, 2014

Garden Update for October 15th

October 15th

It's been a few weeks since I posted a Garden Update.  In fact, it was September 23rd when I posted the last update!  I have a few harvest photos, but only of the few larger harvests.  I've been really busy trying to use up or preserve the harvests, that I haven't kept up with the photo-taking of everything.

As you can see in the photo above, there are a few "naked" beds.  The winter squash plants are dying back (front left) and I'll be cutting squash this weekend and may go ahead and pull the plants out and clean the bed up.  I think the pepper plants may be almost finished as well.  I'll give them another quick once-over to see if they're ready to be pulled.  The green beans and lima beans are just about finished.  Most of the garden will be cleaned up by the end of the month and will rest for the winter.

September 24th

September 24th

September 24th

October 4th-  I picked all of the remaining apples & pears on the trees.  They either went into the basket or into the compost.  About 45 pounds of apples and 18 pounds of pears.

October 4th- 18 pounds of pears

October 4th

October 6th

I'll keep the kale & collards going through the winter as long as I can.  I'm not sure if I'll try to start more seeds indoors for another harvest of lettuces & spinach or just wait till spring.  I've been so busy with everything else I never did get seeds started over the last couple of months for turnips, radishes, lettuce, spinach, etc.  
Anyone else out there still harvesting?

No comments:

Post a Comment