Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Garden Update for May 22nd

May 22nd Garden Overview

Anyone remember my weekly garden updates from a couple years ago (or probably 3 years ago, actually)?  Well, with this being the beginning of our veggie growing season, I thought it was a perfect time to start the weekly updates again.  

This past Saturday we cleared the weeds, grass and remaining veggie plants from last year.  After working all day, we finally were able to top-dress the beds with organic compost from one of our local landscape supply businesses.  


34 Herb & Veggie Starts

Since I've been busy with other projects this year, I decided to buy the majority of my veggies & herbs as starts.  However, there are still a few things I'll start from seed directly in the garden such as green beans, pumpkins, and corn.  I feel like I'm running super late this year, but here in the PNW, we had such a long wet Winter & Spring this year.  It seems like late last week someone flipped a switch and turned off the rain and cold and turned on the sun and heat!  Now it's almost too hot to be outside.  Anyway, I'll be planting all of these plants and starting my seeds in the next couple of days.  Check back next Tuesday for another update.


A little snail (his shell was a little large than a quarter)

I saw this little guy this morning.  I've never actually seen one of these snails in my yard and almost stepped on him.  Being that he was "as slow as a snail" I was able to run and get my camera to snap a couple pictures. 

Chicken coop update is coming.  Just a couple years late, but it's going to happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment